We have spoken to many clients over the last few years about the benefits of setting up a Charitable Giving Fund, but we decided the best way to demonstrate the benefits and build awareness is to start one ourselves.
We are fortunate to live where we do and most people we know enjoy a relatively comfortable lifestyle. Not everyone is so fortunate. We would like to do what we can to reach out and make a difference.
Over the next few months we will model how clients can:
- make gifts that continue to give (i.e. How to GIVE SMART)
- save a considerable amount of tax
- make a difference in your community
- help your family/children learn through the process
- We will get the ball rolling with our initial donation, but our hope is that others will want to set up their own donor-advised giving program.
Each account would have its own name (i.e. “The Smith Family Fund” or “The Bob & Mary Smith Foundation”) and each year the charity/charities of your choice will receive an annual grant.
$10,000 does make a difference, but collectively our aim is to raise $100,000 in 2013. That would certainly be a huge achievement!
If you're interested in exploring the benefits of a Charitable Giving Fund, or know someone who is, we can help.