After more than 25 years with the same corporate group, it is time for a change. On our terms.
As most of you know, name changes are not new to us! Each of the previous firms we called home has been bought, sold or merged. Clients of 20+ years will remember Great Pacific Management, Cartier Partners, DundeeWealth and of course HollisWealth (first owned by Scotia Capital and now by Industrial Alliance).
We had no say in those changes. We ordered new letterhead, adjusted to new systems and processes, and maintained our focus on the needs of our clients.
On November 1st, we will initiate a change by transitioning to Quintessence Wealth. We plan to bring you with us.
Quintessence Wealth is a boutique firm designed exclusively for established, client-focused discretionary portfolio managers. They offer significantly better technology, tools and resources which will enhance our ability to assist you. We expect that you will recognize the enhancements from day one.
You can learn more on their website: http://qwealth.com/
Change is a given – we choose to adapt – Like many aspects of our busy lives, the financial world continues to evolve quickly. Currently, we seem to be on a heavily loaded freighter which doesn’t change direction easily. We would prefer to be on a nimble speedboat, able to adapt and implement new capabilities rapidly!
Creativity and betterment – Most Canadian advisors still work alone. Since an individual cannot be an expert at everything, we built a top team to strengthen the depth of knowledge, experience and value we offer to you. While existing regulations effectively force 95% of advisors to employ a buy-and-hold strategy by limiting them to one-at-a-time trades, we upgraded our qualifications and added a discretionary investment platform. We embraced technology to better communicate with you and designed a proprietary investment process to protect and grow your hard-earned dollars.
The future – With this next generation platform, we can continue to improve our services. Over the next few weeks, we will show you some of these new capabilities to give you a greater sense of why we are so excited.
What is changing and what is not?
- The core group of advisors – Mike Holden, Rob Parrish and Andrew Chowne – that make up Elevate Wealth and have worked together for over 20 years will all be moving to Quintessence Wealth. Our administration team will be coming with us as well.
- Our office location and phone numbers will remain the same. Only our email addresses will change.
- We will use the same proprietary approach to managing your money that we have continually refined over the years – and if you look at the QWealth website link, you will see Quintessence Wealth offers even greater portfolio capabilities which will help us further improve your portfolios.
- National Bank, currently the custodian for your HollisWealth accounts, will continue to be the custodian at Quintessence Wealth.
- The new portal that allows you to view your portfolio details online will be an immediate improvement, with further enhancements on the way.
- Because this is a change that we have initiated, we will cover all transfer costs.
It would have been simpler in the short run to stay where we were, but the status quo was not an attractive option. We are excited about our future at Quintessence Wealth and our team is working tirelessly to make this transition as easy and seamless as possible for you.
We appreciate that you have trusted us for years with your financial matters. We ask for your trust that this move will offer you even greater opportunities and experience moving forward. We look forward to continuing to assist you in your financial decisions and success.
If you have any questions, please call or email. We’ll be happy to tell you more!